This week The Imaginative Conservative provided a thoughtful look at the world of economics and government, world and American history, politics, classic literature, culture, Christianity, and the moral imagination. Included were outstanding essays that considered poetry, music, and the imaginative conservative philosophy of basketball. Pour a cup of coffee, light a pipe or warm a scone, and immerse yourself in the wit and wisdom of these essays.
- Poetry: Stars Through the Clouds, by Michael Bauman
- The Conservative Mission and Progressive Ideology, by George Carey
- Conservatism’s Mozart: Joseph Sobran, by R.J. Stove
- A Theology of Gift: The Divine Benefactor and Universal Kinship, by Stratford Caldecott
- The Challenge Confronting Conservatives: Sustaining a Republic of Hustlers, by Walter McDougall
- Conservative Techno-Watch: Google Glass, by Stephen Masty
- Discipline or Punish, by Bruce Frohnen
- Eric Voegelin’s Philosophy and the Drama of Mankind, by Gerhart Niemeyer
- Democracy in the Balance, by Stratford Caldecott
- Strike Three: You’re Out – The Economic Reality behind Unions and their Job Actions, by Michael Bauman
- Happy Secession Day, Virginia!, by Mike Church
- Who Killed the Middle Class?, by Patrick Buchanan
- In Defense of a Popular Literature, by Daniel McInerny
- Hungry Souls and Brave Hearts: Heroism, History, and Myth, by Stephen Klugewicz
- The Smart Take from the Strong: The Basketball Philosophy of Pete Carril, by John Willson
Books on the people and topics discussed in these essays may be found in The Imaginative Conservative Bookstore.
We hope you will join us in The Imaginative Conservative community. The Imaginative Conservative is an on-line journal for those who seek the True, the Good and the Beautiful. We address culture, liberal learning, politics, political economy, literature, the arts and the American Republic in the tradition of Russell Kirk, T.S. Eliot, Edmund Burke, Irving Babbitt, Paul Elmer More, Wilhelm Roepke, Robert Nisbet, M.E. Bradford, Eric Voegelin, Christopher Dawson and other leaders of Imaginative Conservatism. Click here to find out more about the intellectual roots of imaginative conservatives.